Sunday, May 10, 2009

Resident Evil: Degeneration

So I got around to watching the "fourth" Resident Evil movie, the computer-animated one. I'm really happy that I saw this separately from the other three, because, although definitely a "Resident Evil" movie, it is undoubtedly NOT a "part" of the original three. As a standalone movie, it's not bad. Some of the graphics are absolutely amazing. But to put it simply: I just don't like this style of movie/animation. I feel like I'm watching one of those "between levels" bits of film in a video game. Considering this film was made by Capcom, I guess I basically am. Apparently this movie was made to please fans of the video game (unlike the previous three movies) so maybe that was why I didn't completely "get" it.

6/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Between levels" movies suck. The intro. videos for a game are usually top notch, but then the ones that pop up during game play suck. Good analogy.