Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Mighty Wind

Another mockumentary from Christopher Guest, A Mighty Wind fell just short of my expectations after having seen, This is Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, and Best in Show.  Don't get me wrong: it was good, it was (in Guest's formulaic style) funny. But... it seemed to somehow "miss" in capturing the exact persona of that niche of people that the movie focused on (folk singers). In it's own right, this was a decent movie, but as a Guest mockumentary, it was the worst I've seen yet.

6/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"For Your Consideration" is considerably worse than "A Mighty Wind," which while I agree that the film was a 6/10, I'd probably give it a 7/10 for the folk songs and performances.

Joe said...

Ah I haven't seen that one yet. And given what you just told me, I probably won't see "For Your Consideration" for a while. And I agree, the folk songs and performances were the best part of the movie.

Actually, I take that back: Fred Willard's obnoxious manager-comedian was the best part of the movie.